Frequently Asked Questions
When and where can I do the course?
It’s all from home.
Many students complete the course in five months. But you can do it as quickly or slowly as you want. That’s one advantage of distance learning.
You can take as long as you want. Unlike other organisations, we don’t set any time limits.
About the tutors
Yes, all tutors are practising CBT. Some other organisations use college lecturers, which means you don’t get the information from the real ‘coal face’.
Yes. We have students in 28 countries.
If you have special needs, please contact us to talk about how we can accommodate you.
Getting in touch
- There are two types of people you can contact – your tutor and a course advisor.
- The tutor marks your work, and helps you with any problems. You can e-mail, fax or post assignments to your tutor, whenever you want.
- We don’t give out the tutor’s phone number, because a few people would spend all day talking to their tutors, who would never get any work done.
- But sometimes students get stuck, or have an urgent query. If so, you can phone a course advisor at the Blackford Centre at any time during work hours. If you leave a message out of work hours we’l ring you back the next day. You can contact course advisors as often as you want, and about anything to do with being a copywriter.
There are no other costs or fees.
Yes. You can make five monthly payments. It costs 20% more. You can find the cost of paying by instalments by clicking here.
Just return the course in good condition within 60 days of receiving it, and we’ll send you a full refund.
No. But it will help you set up and run your own business. And we encourage all students to continue their studies after completing the course.
How are you different from other providers?
- Some organisations aren’t accredited. That means they either haven’t met the standard or are ‘one man and a dog’ business. They may be perfectly sound, but you’ll have no recourse if the course is poor quality or unsuitable.
- Some organisations limit the amount of time you have to complete the course. Many course providers only allow you 12 months to complete the course. And after those 12 months are up they may require you to pay a fee to continue. With our course you can take as long as you need, without paying additional fees.
- Some organisations will only give you 7 days to return your course if it’s not right for you. If our course is not what you expected and you want a full refund we allow you 60 days to return it and claim your money back.
- Some organisations will charge you an administration fee to return the course. We refund all of your fees.
How can I be sure that you're legitimate, and that you won't disappear with my money?
- We’ve been in operation since 1995; so we’re very established.
- We publish our physical address at the bottom of each page – and you are welcome to visit us.
- We’re audited by our accreditation body ABC Awards annually (you can phone them to verify that).
- You can read the Reviews of our students on the web site.
- You can ask us for the contact details of former students who will talk to you about their experiences.
- We publish an Ethical statement here.
- We’re registered at Companies House: registration number 352 4886
- Our VAT number is 729 1528 23
- Our Licence number granted by the Office of Fair Trading under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 is 606843.
- Our bank is NatWest, 7 High Street, Wells, Somerset (we have money in the bank and no loans or overdraft).
- We’re registered with the UK government’s Register of Learning Providers (www.ukrlp.co.uk); Number 10009490.
- And finally, we love what we do; and we wouldn’t do anything to jeopardise it.
Will I be able to practise?Yes. There are no restrictions on practising as a CBT Coach. Plus, this course will give you the added confidence and knowledge you need to set up your coaching practice. In addition, you’ll get a Diploma, the right to use our post-nominal letters after your name, and the logo for your website and business card.
Is the course endorsed?
Yes. Our course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme.
This means we have undergone an external quality check to ensure that our organisation and the courses we offer meet certain quality criteria.
Endorsement involves a robust and rigorous quality audit by external inspectors to ensure quality is consistently met. A regular review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
To this end, the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at QLS Level 4 Award against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner.
When you successfully complete this course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units you have completed as part of your course).
Read more about course accreditation here