What's in the course?
Here's what you'll get.
- A Quick Start Guide , to get you started on the course.
- A sturdy ring binder that holds the course modules. Lies flat for ease of study. In the online edition, we provide the modules as online PDFs.
- 63,000 words of practical how-to text. You get detailed information that guides you skillfully towards becoming a professional copywriter.
- 35 videos . Six hours of information. Sit back and watch how to write better copy.
- 11 copywriting assignments . Your assignments will be carefully marked with personal advice by an experienced tutor.
- A useful case that keeps all your course material.†
- A confidential personal profile for you to complete. It helps you assess your goals, your strengths and weaknesses, and your progress.
- A study guide and planner that helps you organise your study.
- 61 Self-assessment exercises . They occur throughout the course to help you get organised for copywriting. They also check that you can tackle each type of copywriting.
- Assignments from real-life small-business clients . We send you these from time to time. You don’t get paid, but they give you great experience.
- ‘A 6-Step System for Setting your Copywriting Fees’ booklet . Explains how to set fees your clients will readily accept. Not available elsewhere.
- ‘How to Succeed in your Distance Learning Course’ booklet (right). Tips and advice on how to successfully complete your course. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
- ‘How to Write Assignments’ booklet . This booklet offers useful guidance on how to prepare your assignments. It’s not available elsewhere.
- Copywriting techniques book.
- Personal career advice during the course.
- Question and Answer sheets for you to have your queries answered.
- ‘49 Winning Ways to Promote your Service’ booklet (right). Great ideas to get you started. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
† Not in the online edition, where most of the content is provided as downloadable PDFs.
You also get a free Professional Copywriter’s Manual (not available elsewhere). It contains the following items:
- 23 top-selling words, in six categories
- 16 hidden benefits that people buy (from Altruism to Style)
- Choosing the right word (easily confused words such as Among and Between)
- Idioms – What they are, how they reduce understanding, and how to avoid them
- 38 key benefits
- 10 ways to improve clarity
- 10 mistakes that reduce effectiveness
- The copywriter’s checklist (20 points to ensure your copy is perfect)
- The creative brief (Give it to the client to make sure you both agree on what is to be done)
- 16 essential points to include in a brochure
- 13 topics for a technical brochure
- 180 product benefits (you’ll never be stuck for something to say about a client’s product)
- 25 benefits for business-to-business copy
- 31 invisible benefits
- 33 claims a service company can make
- 44 topics for a newsletter
- How to layout TV and radio commercials (with specimen layouts)
- 33 elements you could include on a product label
- Layout for presenting copy to a client
- Letter to accompany a Letter of Agreement
- Letter of Agreement (It means you’ll get paid!)
- Sample invoice
- Sample Statement
- Price list (How much to charge for different types of work)
- Jargon-busting glossary
- How to get publicity as a copywriter
- A guide to copywriting law
Armed with this Manual, you’ll be able to write inspirational, explosive copy. On their own, the secrets contained in this Manual could earn you the cost of the course – from additional fees and referrals from satisfied clients.
From time to time we improve, amend and extend the items mentioned here.