Are you leaving the military?
Unsure what career to pursue?
Our courses help ex-military people earn a living in civvy street.
We train people for specific professions – ones that often suit people from the armed services.
Our home-study courses include the following:
- Private investigator: Like military people, investigators are self disciplined, focused, calm and methodical. It could be the career for you.
- Personal trainer: Military people tend to be fit. So helping others become fit is a good opportunity for you.
- Mediator: Are you used to sizing up the situation in a cool and dispassionate manner? It’s what service people do. Mediators stay calm in the midst of strife.
- Life coach: Help people leaving the military to figure out what career to choose and how to start a new life, and deal with the changes that life will bring.
- Counsellor: If you’ve had to deal with the emotional and psychological problems of military personnel, becoming a counsellor could be a good choice. There is a big need for trained counsellors who can support ex-service personnel.
- Professional photographer: If you’ve enjoyed photography as a hobby, you could make a living photographing portraits, weddings, and events.
- Career Coach and Management Consultant: Have you been in military management at Corporal, Sergeant, Warrant Officer or Commissioned Officer level? If so, you already have the skills and experience to gain these qualifications and put your experience to use gaining a formal qualification.
- Teaching Assistant: Interested in preparing to be a teacher? Starting as a Teaching Assistant could get your career off the blocks.
We listen to you
We understand the needs of people from the military. And we know you have specific issues such as:
- I’m not leaving for 12 months, so I can’t attend a classroom course
- I’m not sure where I’ll be located when settling down.
- I’d prefer to work with an organisation and people that understands my needs.
Why our courses might suit you
Our courses are ideal for service personnel. Here are some of the reasons they might suit you:
- Start the course whenever you want
- Study at your own pace
- Learn at home or wherever you’re posted, anywhere in the world
- Your own friendly tutor
- Three months’ free business mentoring. We are the only distance learning organisation that helps you set up your own business after the course.
Your next steps
Have a look at the courses on the left of this page, and see if one of them seems right for you.
Call us on 0800 781 17 15 (or +44 1373 470 270 if you’re outside the UK), or use the form below to get further details.