This easy peasy slow cooker cake is a guilt free yummy healthy cake packed with nutrients, protein, fibre and healthy fats.
Adjust sweetness and ingredients according to taste. There are no hard & fast rules and supplementing ingredients isn’t a problem. You just can’t go wrong with this slow cooker recipe. I prefer to use honey as a sweetener but you can use coconut or moscavado sugar.
- 11/2 cup quinoa
- 11/2 cup mixed oats
- 1/2 cup flax
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped figs
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- (You can use any combination of dried fruit)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups soya/almond/oat/rice milk or whatever tickles your fancy
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsn honey
- 4 apples cored and thinly chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- (You can use any combination of nuts and seeds)
- Mix the dry ingredients into a bowl
- Throw all the wet ingredients together and blend.
- Throw wet into dry & mix.
- Line the slow cooker with foil and wipe with butter.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Smooth out the mixture and sprinkle the dry topping evenly pressing the topping gently into the mixture.
- Bake on low for 7 hours then remove the lid for another hour to allow moisture to evaporate.
- Allow to rest.
- Holding the foil, remove the cake, peel foil placing on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely (otherwise it will fall apart)