Frequently asked Questions
About the tutors
Are the tutors professional risk management experts?
Yes, all tutors are working as risk management experts..
Does the cost for the course include everything I need? Or are there any extra fees?
There are no other costs or fees.
Can I spread the cost of the courses over a period of time?
Yes. You can make five monthly payments. It costs 20% more. You can find the cost of paying by installments by clicking here.
How could I get my money back if I don’t like the course?
Just return the course in good condition within 60 days of receiving it, and we’ll send you a full refund.
How long does it usually take to complete the course?
Many students complete the course in five months. But you can do it as quickly or slowly as you want. That’s one advantage of distance learning.
Do I need to finish the course within a certain time?
You can take as long as you want. Unlike other organisations, we don’t set any time limits.
What does the course cost?
You can find the cost of the course by clicking here.
I live in the USA, UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, Borneo etc. Is the course suitable for me?
Yes. We have students in 28 countries.
How can I contact my tutor or the Blackford Centre?
There have two types of people you can contact – your tutor and a course advisor.
The tutor marks your work, and helps you with any problems. You can fax, e-mail or post assignments to your tutor, whenever you want.
We don’t give out the tutor’s phone number, because a few people would spend all day talking to their tutors, who would never get any work done.
But sometimes students get stuck, or have an urgent query. If so, you can phone a course advisor at the Blackford Centre at any time during work hours. If you leave a message out of work hours we’ll ring you back the next day. You can contact course advisors as often as you want, and about anything to do with being a risk management expert.
Will the course give me credits towards a degree or some other study?
No. But it will help you set up and run your own business. And we encourage all students to continue their studies after completing the course.
When can I do the course?
Can I start the course at any time?
Where can I study the course?
Is the course all from home, or do I have to go to a test centre?
It’s all from home.
Will I be able to get insurance?
Yes, we provide you with the names of organisations that provide insurance to students who complete our course.
How are we different to other providers?
When you start comparing us with other course providers you might notice that:
- Some organisations limit the amount of time you have to complete the course. Many course providers only allow you 12 months to complete the course. And after those 12 months are up they may require you to pay a fee to continue. With our course you can take as long as you need, without paying additional fees.
- Some organisations will only give you 7 days to return your course if it’s not right for you. If our course is not what you expected and you want a full refund we allow you 60 days to return it and claim your money back.
- Some organisations will charge you an administration fee to return the course. We refund all of your fees.
How can I be sure that you're legitimate, and that you won't disappear with my money?
Here are some answers we hope will reassure you.
- We’ve been in operation since 1995; so we’re very established.
- We publish our physical address at the bottom of each page – and you are welcome to visit us.
- We’re audited yearly by The Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is part of the Skills and Education Group who are a leading national awarding organisation. (You can phone them to Verify that).
- You can read the Reviews of our students on the web site.
- You can ask us for the contact details of former students who will talk to you about their experiences.
- We publish an Ethical statement here
- We’re registered at Companies House: registration number 352 4886
- Our VAT number is 729 1528 23
- Our Licence number granted by the Office of Fair Trading under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 is 606843.
- Our bank is NatWest, 7 High Street, Wells, Somerset (we have money in the bank and no loans or overdraft).
- We’re registered with the UK government’s Register of Learning Providers (www.ukrlp.co.uk) Number 10009490.
And finally, we love what we do; and we wouldn’t do anything to jeopardise it.